8 Easy Ways to Protect and Repair Your Skin Against Pollution
by Coyran Cheung, Founder of OSCO – Natural & Organics
People are aware of the dangers and impacts of pollution but very few take action to protect themselves against it. We, OSCO, believe protection and prevention is as important as cure for health and skin. I have some tips for you to protect and repair your skin in the polluted environment!
- Wear masks while on the street or in public areas (such as buses and trains) to limit the exposure to pollutants and bacteria or virus that can be transmitted by droplets.
- Do not smoke and avoid second-hand smoke wherever possible because it damages the collagen and elastin of your skin.
- Put on sunscreen whenever it is summer or winter, and avoid overexposure to UV radiation and sunlight to prevent skin damage, hyperpigmentation and premature ageing.
- Use a blue light filter on your smartphone to reduce blue light emissions (light pollution) as well as protect your skin and eyes.
- Cleanse your face thoroughly using a gentle cleanser to remove grime and pollutants on your skin.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking 8 glasses of water per day and applying hydrating mist on your skin can generate cell growth, improve circulation and thus improves the skin’s elasticity.
- Apply a skincare product that is high in antioxidants to fight off free radicals of pollution and environmental stress.
- Moisturize your skin with a product that contains essential fatty acids to repair and strengthen the skin barrier that helps protect your skin against pollution.
Can’t imagine how easy it is to protect your skin and fight against environmental damage? Follow these 8 tips and you will gradually become protected and healthy even in the polluted environment. Leave me a comment to let me know if you have other tips to share. We’d love to hear from you!
Coyran Cheung is the founder of OSCO, also a registered nurse and an organic skincare formulator graduated from the International Organic Skincare Entrepreneur Program at accredited Organic Skincare School – Formula Botanica in UK.
Connect with Coyran: @osconatural (instagram)
Connect on Linkedin
Read Coyran’s full bio here.
Sarah ZimmerJanuary 29, 2019
Great article and summary Coyran !! I can only echo the points you made on keeping the skin hydrated throughout the day is key and given them a bit more antioxidants on the day.
Thanks for sharing !!